Hi, everyone! It’s time again for another In the Nude post. With this series, I’ll be breaking down the walls of intimidation that separate us from the plants we should be eating and enjoying without preparing them to the point that we rob them of their natural properties and benefits. This month I found myself in a complete veggie rut and saw sugar snap peas as an option in my CSA basket. I was instantly motivated to find something to do with these besides eat them with ranch dressing or throw them in a stir fry. Move over edamame! There is a new kid in town.
Sugar Snap Peas.
Here is the quick and dirty on why the sugar snap pea is my current obsession and Foodspiration!
- Sugar snap peas are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber, while adding color to your plate.
- Taste | sweet
- Texture | crispy, crunchy (great for those of you that crave salty chips. Just add a little sea salt!)
- High in Vitamin K, which helps keep calcium in your bones
- High in Vitamin C, an antioxidant that fights free radicals and helps boost our immune system
- Great source of iron to fend off anemia and fatigue
- The fact that they are low in calories and high in fiber make them a very filling snack or side
So, on to the recipe!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin