With so many myths and misconceptions about nutrition floating around, who do you believe? I receive so many questions about nutrition and health in general, so I wanted to create a way for me to answer some of the most common ones that I hear. Thus, Dirty Dishing was born. If you’re interested in learning the truth about today’s popular trends and issues, check back from week to week. And if you have any questions of your own, leave them in the comments below. I’m excited to start cleaning up your knowledge of health and wellness one dish at a time!
Hi, friends! Yes, it’s time for another Dirty Dishing sesh, and THIS time I’m answering a question that came from one of my very best friends. It’s been awhile since we’ve seen a Wendie’s 10, so I figured it’s about time to create another list! I am fortunate to have a fairly flat stomach, but I struggle with other areas. We all have our weight woes and trouble spots, so keep these general tips in mind if belly bloat is one of yours. Maybe your struggle is how you respond to food/drink in social settings. Maybe it is time/convenience, or maybe it’s just plain ole tiredness.
In the end, do what you need to do to battle the bloat and adjust as needed. This blog is about a healthy lifestyle, and life ebbs and flows. One too many beers at Downtown Alive or Thirsty Thursday at Flour Field could really throw your game, and you could wake up and have to choose maxi dress or boyfriend jeans. Thank goodness these are in style! Or, you could simply factor in an exercise plan to counteract the damage. I am really looking forward to a Pure Barre class at Southern Pressed Juicery with some of my girlfriends tonight, but after will plan to enjoy a beer or two while listening to music. It’s all about BALANCE. Get ready to learn how to lose belly fat fast. Here we go!
Wendie’s 10: How to Lose Belly Fat Fast
1) Exercise first thing in the morning: exercise, in general, is one of the best ways to shrink fat cells, but if you wake up and get moving–even if it’s walking the dog!–it will get that metabolism running.
2) Eat a balanced breakfast: eating a balanced diet of quality proteins, carbohydrates and healthy fats will screw the pooch! Not only that, but make you healthier too.
3) Drop chemicals and pesticides: the amount of pesticides and chemicals in food and food products today can play a significant role in hormone balance that, in turn, affects how our bodies store fat.
4) Incorporate healthy fats into each meal: What?! Incorporate fat? What do I keep telling you? Repeat after me: FAT.WON’T.MAKE.ME.FAT. Repeat this over and over until you believe it. Most of us are are sorely shy in the fats I am talking about. These heart healthy fats have been replaced with unhealthy fats in all sorts of products or replaced with sugar and additives. It’s time to rekindle the relationship with avocados, egg yolks, olives/olive oil, nuts and fatty fish.
5) Pre-game with greens: If you add a salad before meals or at breakfast as a smoothie, you will add vitamins, nutrients, and fiber you might not get otherwise.
6) Ditch the sugar: I mean, avoid it like the plague. You would be amazed at the results you’ll see just by eliminating sugary beverages. Speaking of beverages, that leads us to….
7) Hydrate: If you can’t choke down at least 8 glasses of H20 a day, consider these PD-approved beverages: fruit-infused water, sparkling water, cold pressed juices, unsweetened teas and coconut water.
8) Don’t Hinder with Happy Hours: alcohol elevates cortisol levels, and high levels of cortisol trigger our body to hang on to fat. OK, OK simply stated–lay off the bottle. Have a glass, maybe two, and STOP. That’s it. It’s pretty simple. If you are going for chiseled abs, a bottle of wine is your biggest enemy.
9) Ditch Diet Coke: Would you believe me if I told you Diet Coke contributed to weight gain, rather than weight loss? Studies indicate that people who drink diet soda actually gain more abdominal fat. Diet soda is not your friend. It robs vitamins and minerals from your body and soul.
10) Exercise at least 30 minutes per day: exercise burns calories, and calories burn fat. It offers even more than that, though, when you also consider that it helps regulate our hormones–those same hormones that might be hindering you could be regulated by just getting up and moving for 30 minutes a day.
Another day, another Wendie’s 10. I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy list on how to lose belly fat fast! Are there any of these tips on your menu today? [sc:apple]
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
We know the Holidays get crazy. We get it. You barely have time to breathe. So join us for our FREE 5-day holiday stress less challenge and lets do this together! Get your copy and start with us today!